Does sex increase weight?
Some people believe people gain weight with sexual intercourse. I have to say that this belief is completely false. Having sex with your partner does not result in weight gain.
Weight gain due to sexual encounters is a myth and this article aims to highlight the reasons why sex has no impact on weight gain. According to the studies, some women have reported fat accumulation on specific body parts. But the weight gain is usually the result of hormonal imbalance.
Reasons why sex does not cause weight gain
- Hormonal imbalance is not a result of sex but other factors such as the age of puberty, menstrual cycle, and menopause. A low level of DHEA hormone and an imbalance of estrogen and progesterone causes weight gain.
- After marriage men and women feel happy and content. This can be one of the reasons for weight gain. When the couples are happy in a marriage, they eat together and eat more. This increase in calorie intake causes weight gain.
- Birth control pills or water retention can cause temporary weight gain.
- After marriage lifestyle changes and men and women both become stressed. This may cause fat deposition and result in weight gain.
- During sex, there is dilation in blood vessels and this causes temporary swelling in the tissues. Due to this, women may feel swelling in breasts and other body parts, and the myth of sex causing weight gain develops.
So, sex does not cause weight gain but can surely help you lose weight. It is not wrong to say that sex being a form of exercise gives a good stretch to all body parts. It can help you burn calories and lose some weight.
Reasons why sex can cause weight loss
During sexual intercourse, there is a release of the love hormone called oxytocin. With frequent sex and the release of the love hormone, there is a suppression of appetite. As a result, you don’t feel the desire to eat and this may cause weight loss.
Men burn more calories than women as the intensity and major parts of the sexual activity are done by men.
Sex is an activity of pleasure and both partners enjoy performing this form of exercise. Sex, a form of vigorous exercise can burn significant calories.
Take Away The effect of sex on weight may cause weight loss or may have no difference in weight. One may not lose weight if sexual activity including sexual intercourse is less than thirty minutes. Also, if the sex position is something where you do not need to put much effort will cause no weight loss.